The rights of our patients and our staff with regard to discrimination are protected by anti-discrimination legislation including:
- The Equality Act 2010
- Part-time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2000
- Employment Rights Act 1996
By adopting this Policy, we accept our responsibility to ensure that discrimination does not take place and that everyone is treated fairly and equally.
The aim of this Policy is to achieve equality of care experience by removing any potential discrimination in the way that people are cared for and treated by the Practice, including, but not limited to:
- people with disabilities
- people of different sexual orientations
- transgender and transsexual people
- people of different races
- people on the grounds of their sex
- people of faith and of no faith
- people in relation to their age
- people in relation to their social class or medical condition
- people who work part-time
- people who are married, in a civil partnership or cohabiting
- women who are pregnant, have recently given birth or are breastfeeding
Putting this policy into practice
We aim to develop and support equality and diversity measures by:
- Providing patient information in different languages, if the need should arise
- Providing patient information in different formats, such as large-print
- Providing services that are accessible to patients with disabilities
- Ensuring that care of individuals is planned with their specific needs at the centre
- Striving to provide excellent care to all our patients, whoever they may be
- Involving patients in the design of our service
- Ensuring that we join up with services involved with the care of patients with particular medical and social care needs.
Comments and concerns
If you believe you have been treated in any way contrary to this Policy or you have any comments on how we can ensure that it works better, please contact the Practice Director, Neil Phillips, at the practice. He will investigate your concerns and take appropriate action.
Monitoring and review
We will monitor the effectiveness of this Policy and the impact on all other relevant policies and practice. This review will happen annually.
Web version 2: 5.8.2016 (Reviewed 1.9.2017; 11.11.2018)
Previous web versions: 10.2.2011 (Reviewed 26.1.2012; 13.3.2013; 19.6.2014)