Interest free credit
Spread the cost of your treatment over 6 or 12 months with interest free credit
- Dental care professionals, dentists and administrative staff may be recruited via recommendations, advertising in local media, professional journals and employment agencies.
- All applicants, for whatever role, will be subject to the same recruitment process.
- Each post will have an accurate job description.
- All applicants will be asked to provide a current CV. They may either apply in writing or the relevant information may be obtained verbally by the Practice Director, Neil Phillips, or the Clinical Director, Joanne Giddy, by completing a standard hygeia telephone application questionnaire (refer to hygeia document database).
- Dentists and dental care professionals will be asked for their GDC registration number and details of their professional indemnity. Only candidates able to supply the relevant information will be considered.
- Short listing will be undertaken by the Practice Director, Neil Phillips, and the Clinical Director, Joanne Giddy. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Interviews will take place at the practice with a panel of at least two including the Practice Director, Neil Phillips, and the Clinical Director, Joanne Giddy.
- The interview will be based on the job description and candidates will be rated using a points system – refer to new personnel interview assessment form in the hygeia document database. The results will be used to inform a decision on the most suitable candidate.
- Candidates may be asked to bring their passports with them and a copy of relevant pages will then be taken (this step may be deferred until after the interview).
- Unsuccessful candidates will be informed by email, letter or telephone.
- Candidates may be asked to come to the practice for a short trial period of up to a week before the practice makes an offer of employment.
- Written offers of employment/engagement will be made subject to two satisfactory clinical references for dentists, dental therapists, dental hygienists and dental nurses, one of which must be from the candidate’s most recent employer. Two satisfactory general references will be required for administrative staff and trainee dental nurses, one of which must be from the candidate’s most recent employer.
- Dentists and dental care professionals must provide evidence of satisfactory immunisation before an offer of employment/engagement is confirmed.
- The practice will monitor its recruitment process to ensure it is free from discrimination.
- Employees will be given a statement of employment terms to sign before beginning work. Self-employed team members will be given a written contract for services for signature before beginning work at the practice.
- This policy is subject to annual review.
Web version 1: 30.12.2010 (Reviewed 26.1.2012; 13.3.2013; 19.6.2014; 5.6.2015; 4.8.2016)