Interest free credit
Spread the cost of your treatment over 6 or 12 months with interest free credit
Our philosophy is that violence is unacceptable in whatever form it takes, for whatever reason.
It is the responsibility of every member of the practice team to take reasonable care of the health and safety of him- or herself and of other persons who might be affected by his or her acts or omissions at work.
Overall responsibility for the operation of this policy rests with the Practice Director, Neil Phillips.
We define violence and aggression as:
- actual or threatened physical assaults on staff
- psychological abuse of staff
- verbal abuse, which includes shouting, swearing and gestures
- threats against team members which occur in the workplace.
The workplace is defined as the practice premises and any other premises where work is undertaken as part of the person’s official duties. Travelling to and from the workplace other than the practice premises is also included within the definition.
In order to comply with this policy we will:
- undertake risk assessment (refer to the practice’s General Risk Assessment)
- ensure that the practice premises are secure
- ensure that the panic button at the practice reception desk is regularly tested by an engineer (refer to Testing, Maintenance and Audit Schedule) – NB this is connected to our monitored alarm system and summons the police
- provide training in dealing with aggressive and difficult patients
- provide training in dealing with assaults
- provide personnel who are required to stay at the premises after 9pm with the cost of a taxi home
- aim to operate an effective appointment system and make the reception area as relaxing as possible to minimise delays and tension
- ensure that team members dealing with out-of-hours emergencies are chaperoned.
All incidents (however trivial) must be reported at once to the Practice Director, Neil Phillips, and an entry made in the Accident and Incident Report Book kept at reception, including any injuries.
In the event of actual or threatened violence the police will be called.
Hygeia will provide support, assistance and, if necessary, counselling to team members who experience violence and/or aggression in their work.
Web version 1: 5.4.2010 (Reviewed 26.1.2012; 13.3.2013; 19.6.2014; 5.6.2015; 3.8.2016)