We are a friendly dental practice situated in Totnes, Devon, dedicated to providing high quality treatment in a pleasant environment with the very best in personal service and patient care.
The key to successful dental treatment is communication. You should expect to play an active part in decision making for your dental care. We spend time exploring your dental needs with you. We’ll show you pictures and x-rays of the inside of your mouth and explain the various options for your treatment. We’ll also answer your questions and discuss costs. Then we come up with a plan together – so you get exactly what you want.
Why choose Hygeia?
From the moment you enter our practice you’ll notice the friendly approach. We know many people are nervous about visiting the dentist, but here at Hygeia we will put you entirely at ease.
We’re immensely proud of the treatments we offer. We’re committed to doing what we do best, which means we want to keep you smiling – in every sense.
Because we want to be sure that you’re happy with what we do, we give you our promise of guaranteed satisfaction. We promise that if you are not satisfied with your treatment we will either:
- repeat it at no cost to you; or
- refund what you have paid; or
- where there is a suitable alternative (and you wish it, of course) we will provide this for you at no additional cost (if it’s a more expensive treatment than the original, we’ll credit you in full for what you’ve already paid, so you only pay the difference – IE you’ll be no worse off than if you’d chosen the alternative in the first place).
We do make an exception, which we feel is reasonable, where you have asked us to carry out treatment that we have advised isn’t optimal. For example, if we advised you to have a crown to strengthen a tooth but you elected to have a large composite filling instead. If the filling later fails, then honouring this guarantee is at our discretion.
The guarantee period for restorative treatments like fillings, crowns, bridges, etc. is a year.
There are many other reasons people give for coming to Hygeia:
- First of all, to experience pain free dentistry.
- Because we’re open on Saturdays so you don’t have to take time out of your busy week.
- In addition, we’re open from 8am so you can come before work.
- You’ll like our digital X-rays, digital cameras and large flat screen monitors because you can see exactly what the dentist sees – and really understand what is going on.
- We accept all dental insurance policies – and we fill in your claim forms for free.
- Because we’ll treat you with dignity and respect, sensitivity and caring.
- We are within easy walking distance from the town centre and railway station.
- Maybe it’s that Dr Giddy has a special interest in endodontics. Endodontics is the science of saving teeth rather than extracting them, which saves you money.
- Finally, they enjoy real personal service. You can speak to your own dentist any time by simply calling 01803 866166. If the practice is closed our ‘phones are answered 24/7, 365 days a year. Alternatively, you can also call Jo Giddy direct on 07734 898220.
Joanne Giddy BDS (Bristol University, United Kingdom) Dental Surgeon & Clinical Director
General Dental Council number 70838
Member of the British Dental Association, British Endodontic Society, British Society of Periodontology, British Society for Restorative Dentistry and British Dental Health Foundation
Time at practice: 21st year of service
Mr Neil Phillips LLB(hons), Solicitor (ret.) Practice Director
Member of The Law Society
Roll number: 167300
Time at practice: 20th year of service
Mrs Debbie Prior EDH (Guy’s Hospital, London, United Kingdom) Dental Hygienist
General Dental Council number 4906
Member of the British Society of Dental Hygiene and Therapy
Time at practice: 15th year of service
Miss Louise O’Nions Receptionist
Time at practice: 15th year of service
Miss Rachelle Daw RDN (United Kingdom) Dental Nurse
General Dental Council number 249759
Time at practice: 4th year of service
Kernow Cat Patient relaxation officer / front of house
Time at practice: 3rd year of service